etsy mini

Thursday 9 February 2012

Inspiration from trees


I love trees. Each one is different and they all give me great inspiration. We live in a very windy and exposed area so our trees are literally shaped by the wind.I have been taking 'photos  in preparation for my next piece of work.
After taking the 'photos I looked at trees on my land and made a very rough sketch. When indoors I made another, more detailed sketch to capture the essence of what I had seen. I did, of course, simplify and use lots of artist licence to change bits. I do not like to try to recreate a replica of what I have seen. I can do that with a camera.
Next I will have to think about colour and how best to tackle creating the image with fibres. I sometimes think it would be much easier to paint them but nothing can compete with the textures of fibre.

No comments:

Post a Comment