etsy mini

Friday 27 September 2013

Mynydd Bach - It's history by Eirian Jones

I went to the book launch of Mynydd Bach last night. Mynydd Bach means' little mountain' in the Welsh language and we live in the foothills of the Cambrian mountains. I am honoured to be featured in the book as there is a section about local artists.
The launch was held in Blaenpennal chapel which was overflowing with people. I was lucky enough to grab the last seat. Refreshments were in the vestry afterwards which was also overflowing (nice cakes though).
Here is the book
and here is my page. I gave the author the felt art I made depicting a hill farmer as that is the traditional occupation of the area and I thought it would be apt.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely illustration. Wouldn't it be great to have a whole book illustrated in felt art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever seen the book by Moy Mackay? I think it is called 'felt and stitch'. Not entirely an illustrated book but lots of her lovely work is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you Shirley but I didn't really do anything.

      Delete