etsy mini

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Felt brooches - new!

Last weekend I had a craft fair to go to and it's always nice to have some little bits and pieces for people to buy. After a lot of thought I suddenly came up with the idea of brooches. I have made flower brooches before but lots of people make those and I wanted something original, something to reflect my artwork. After more thumb chewing I realised that an awful lot of my pieces have little cottages in them and decided to make cottage brooches. I've given them all brightly coloured doors and stitched the windows in as I do in my pictures. At the suggestion of one of my FB followers I have embroidered flowers growing up the wall on one of them too.
In the end I didn't make the craft fair as I injured my foot so I have a couple listed in my etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. Delightful - the texture of the felt really makes the cottage interesting. I love the climbing plant - a rose, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francesca. Yes I think it must be a rose!

      Delete
  2. Love it Sue, and it perfectly reflects your work - brilliantly!
    Cheers Claire Xx

    ReplyDelete